<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 09, 2003

Ryan is the best :)

So the GRE went well and I finished a little early, came home, and packed for me and Ryan's trip to Niagara Falls. We left a little after noon, and got to the American Falls around 3:00. Walked around the park and Goat Island, took the elevator down to the base of Bridal Veil Falls. It was a nice clear day, but close to freezing...at least the park wasn't crowded. Looked around for a restaurant, but the American side was dead, so we crossed over to Canada, checked into our hotel, and wandered around looking for a restaurant.

We decided to eat at Tony Roma's and split a bottle of nice red wine. Independently, we decided to order the exact same thing: sirloin steak (medium) with sides of vegetables and mashed potatoes. Considering you pick the sides from a list of seven or eight choices, and we both wanted our steak done medium, it was pretty creepy. Prior to dinner I hadn't eaten anything since before the GRE (8 am), so the wine went straight to my head. But in a happy sort of way:)

Then we walked down to the path that follows the river and overlooks the falls, which are lit up with different colored lights at night. We were confused for a few seconds because I was sure that there'd been a full moon earlier that night, but it was half gone. Obviously we figured out that it was a lunar eclipse; we just hadn't heard about it ahead of time. I'd have to say that looking out over the falls at night was my favorite part of the weekend: they were really pretty, I was still quite happy from the wine, and I was sharing it with Ryan (who, as mentioned above, is the best).

We were pretty tired from the long day of test taking and driving, so we called it an early night. This morning we went to the Niagara IMAX and to the top of the Skylon Tower (nice view, but cold!). Had lunch at a nice Italian restaurant, then drove back home. :( I didn't want to come back! But here I am. Booooo real life!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?