Thursday, November 13, 2003
I can be very moody sometimes. I realize that this can be confusing for others, so I've created this handy guide for assessing my mood in a blog entry. Plus it doubles as a nostalgic flashback installment.
Part I: Good Mood
If you spot any of these, you can relax...you're free from the wrath of Cat.
"Things are good." 10/3/03, 11/3/03
"FRIDAY! :)" 11/7/03
"Twelve hours of sleep...oh yeah!" 10/15/03
"everyone's got something that makes them different and special." 10/24/03
"YAY! :) Thursday was a very happy day." 10/31/03
"yay for that." 9/20/03
"Boo yeah." 8/8/03
"Don't forget me. I'm awesome too." 8/8/03
"Yippy skippy!" 7/18/03
"Life continues to be excellent." 7/15/03
"Among the latest great things" 7/15/03
"The last couple days have been awesome. Things just seem to be going my way right and left" 7/13/03
"I couldn't help but smile just because it felt great to be alive." 7/13/03
"Things like that just make it feel great to be alive." 7/1/03
Part II: Bad Mood
Alert! Alert! There's a high probability (P<0.01) that I'm in a bad mood if I say:
"I have a headache and want to complain." 10/21/03
"And if it's raining, we're fucked." 10/21/03
"It's not worth it." 10/21/03
"Sigh. Still not feeling quite like myself" 9/24/03
"just thinking about it is making me grouchy" 9/29/03
"Now if I could only get my mind in order..." 8/4/03
"I feel torn." 8/5/03
"I'm sad/depressed, and I don't know why." 8/11/03
"I'm beyond confused." 8/11/03
"Last night was one of the worst nights of my life." 8/13/03
"offering to sell my soul to the devil if the pain would only stop." 8/13/03
"why do I still have so much trouble?" 8/13/03
"I began to feel overwhelmed in addition to being starving, tired, and in desperate need of a shower" 8/15/03
"still utterly exhausted" 8/15/03
"Got mad at someone over something completely insignificant and out of his control, then got mad at myself for blowing things out of proportion" 7/29/03
"I hadn't been that exhausted- physically, mentally, and emotionally, in a long time." 7/29/03
"feeling rejected and hopeless. Wanted a nice long cry" 7/29/03
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! I want to scream right now" 7/17/03
"want to pull my hair out and bang my head against a wall>:-O" 7/17/03
Part III: Subject to Change
Extra dangerous...I lure you into a false sense of security, then WHAM! Instant bitch!
"Right now I'm okay, but who knows what I'll feel like in ten minutes." 10/27/03
"I'll either be very happy or very pissed off at 5:00." 10/30/03
"One hour I'm basically happy and productive, then the next I'm filled with doubt and dispair." 9/24/03
"It's Friday- I want to be happy!" 8/1/03
"Hopefully I'll be more enthusiastic about it once I..." 8/8/03
"I really wasn't into it, though, and I felt a little unwell, though not too bad." 8/13/03
"I'm back to calling the fishes "little guy" and "cutie" rather than "punk-ass motherfuckers." " 7/18/03
"hopefully not pulling my hair out or snapping at my friends in the process" 7/18/03
"I still have that pessimistic voice in my head reminding me that things can't stay this good for long." 7/15/03
"I'm not freaking out about it, but it's in the back of my mind and that's preventing me from enjoying my evening to the fullest." 7/8/03
Good luck trying to figure me out. I've been working on it for 21 years and still have no clue.
Part I: Good Mood
If you spot any of these, you can relax...you're free from the wrath of Cat.
"Things are good." 10/3/03, 11/3/03
"FRIDAY! :)" 11/7/03
"Twelve hours of sleep...oh yeah!" 10/15/03
"everyone's got something that makes them different and special." 10/24/03
"YAY! :) Thursday was a very happy day." 10/31/03
"yay for that." 9/20/03
"Boo yeah." 8/8/03
"Don't forget me. I'm awesome too." 8/8/03
"Yippy skippy!" 7/18/03
"Life continues to be excellent." 7/15/03
"Among the latest great things" 7/15/03
"The last couple days have been awesome. Things just seem to be going my way right and left" 7/13/03
"I couldn't help but smile just because it felt great to be alive." 7/13/03
"Things like that just make it feel great to be alive." 7/1/03
Part II: Bad Mood
Alert! Alert! There's a high probability (P<0.01) that I'm in a bad mood if I say:
"I have a headache and want to complain." 10/21/03
"And if it's raining, we're fucked." 10/21/03
"It's not worth it." 10/21/03
"Sigh. Still not feeling quite like myself" 9/24/03
"just thinking about it is making me grouchy" 9/29/03
"Now if I could only get my mind in order..." 8/4/03
"I feel torn." 8/5/03
"I'm sad/depressed, and I don't know why." 8/11/03
"I'm beyond confused." 8/11/03
"Last night was one of the worst nights of my life." 8/13/03
"offering to sell my soul to the devil if the pain would only stop." 8/13/03
"why do I still have so much trouble?" 8/13/03
"I began to feel overwhelmed in addition to being starving, tired, and in desperate need of a shower" 8/15/03
"still utterly exhausted" 8/15/03
"Got mad at someone over something completely insignificant and out of his control, then got mad at myself for blowing things out of proportion" 7/29/03
"I hadn't been that exhausted- physically, mentally, and emotionally, in a long time." 7/29/03
"feeling rejected and hopeless. Wanted a nice long cry" 7/29/03
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! I want to scream right now" 7/17/03
"want to pull my hair out and bang my head against a wall>:-O" 7/17/03
Part III: Subject to Change
Extra dangerous...I lure you into a false sense of security, then WHAM! Instant bitch!
"Right now I'm okay, but who knows what I'll feel like in ten minutes." 10/27/03
"I'll either be very happy or very pissed off at 5:00." 10/30/03
"One hour I'm basically happy and productive, then the next I'm filled with doubt and dispair." 9/24/03
"It's Friday- I want to be happy!" 8/1/03
"Hopefully I'll be more enthusiastic about it once I..." 8/8/03
"I really wasn't into it, though, and I felt a little unwell, though not too bad." 8/13/03
"I'm back to calling the fishes "little guy" and "cutie" rather than "punk-ass motherfuckers." " 7/18/03
"hopefully not pulling my hair out or snapping at my friends in the process" 7/18/03
"I still have that pessimistic voice in my head reminding me that things can't stay this good for long." 7/15/03
"I'm not freaking out about it, but it's in the back of my mind and that's preventing me from enjoying my evening to the fullest." 7/8/03
Good luck trying to figure me out. I've been working on it for 21 years and still have no clue.