<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 17, 2003

Haha. So I'm taking Intro to Nutrition pass/fail. Went to about half the lectures for the stuff covered on the second prelim, didn't do any of the readings, and studied for maybe 2 hours, mainly just flipping through the powerpoints of the lectures I skipped. The mean on the prelim was an 82...I got an 86. Never found out how I did on the first prelim- skipped on the day they handed them back and don't care enough to stop by the office to pick it up.

I used to really do a lot of homework and studying. Especially freshman and sophomore years, when I lived with Jen. She'd be studying all the time, so I felt like I should too. I remember waking up at 9:30 on weekends and doing lab reports before lunch. And going to bed at midnight every weeknight, maybe a little later on weekends but not always.

What happened? I would say it's Ryan's bad influence, but it definitely started last year. Besides attempting to study for about 20 minutes last night, I didn't do one bit of homework all weekend. I guess I've just learned exactly how much work I need to put in to get the grades I want. If it comes down to studying 3 hours for an A or 6 hours for an A+, I'll take the A. Better grades don't mean smarter people- the people who really know what's going on realize that life is what's going on around us all the time. There's no point in making yourself miserable in the pursuit of perfection so that maybe down the line you'll get some reward. The really smart people are the ones having fun, doing what needs to be done, and not worrying about life's little annoyances.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?