Sunday, November 30, 2003
Good thing that Ryan is around, or the highlight of my day would've been that my phone now has "Semi-Charmed Life" as a ring tone. Spent most of today studying Development, the painintheass detail-oriented class that I have a prelim in on Wednesday. Why do I have a prelim with only two days left of classes?! I'd be fine with it if there were no final, but there is. In the very last regular exam period, too >:O So Development sucks, and Nutrition blows. There's an annoying assignment worth maybe 1% of our grade that I planned on skipping since I'm gonna pass, but no; they won't give you a grade in the course if you don't do the damn thing. So I figured I'd go to the lab to work on that and a few other things since my printer sucks and is almost out of ink anyway...but the CD that I need to do the assignment wasn't in the case that I grabbed on my way out; it's still in my CD drive at home. Another thing I was going to work on was a Powerpoint presentation about my research that I have to give Wednesday afternoon for the honors program, but for some reason it's disappeared from the computer in the lab. I know that I didn't delete it...but who did? I have a copy on CD at home, but that doesn't do me much good for working on it now. So the prelim and presentation are both on Wednesday...and Tuesday night is the ultra-long PSP voting meeting that will go late into the night. Waaah. I've been studying a lot this weekend, but it's just such dense material that two lectures' worth fills up my brain. Just want this class to be over.
So me and Ryan have a little telepathy thing going on. You've heard about ordering the same thing at Niagara Falls (or at least you could have if you read that entry). Another night a month or so ago I had two slices of chicken broccoli pizza from Mama T's, then Ryan came over an hour or two later and decided to run out for some food. He came back with two slices of chicken broccoli pizza and garlic knots (sometimes I only get one slice of pizza plus the knots). Then a few times in the Ivy Room we've both independently decided to get chicken fingers. Well tonight, I decided to go get food, and as I walked out the back door I debated between Mama T's and Subway. Decided on Subway, so I went in and stood in line. One minute later, Ryan walked in. He had been walking up the hill trying to decide between Mama T's and Subway and picked Subway too. So the combination of same location and same time was just plain creepy. We didn't get the same thing, but still...too weird.
You're probably all sick of hearing how great Ryan is and how much we have in common and how we did this and that and blah blah blah (unless you're Ryan, in which case you'd want me to continue on those topics). Well here is something bad that he did. Hockey game last night vs. Mercyhurst; Cornell is up 3-2 with 1:30 on the clock. He jingled his keys. HE JINGLED HIS KEYS! I snapped at him to put them away, and he says "I heard other people doing it." Sure enough, with 5 seconds (FIVE SECONDS!) on the clock, Mercyhurst scored to tie it up. So we went into overtime and it was a tie. Gaaaah! ONLY JINGLE YOUR KEYS WHEN WE HAVE A SIZEABLE LEAD!
So me and Ryan have a little telepathy thing going on. You've heard about ordering the same thing at Niagara Falls (or at least you could have if you read that entry). Another night a month or so ago I had two slices of chicken broccoli pizza from Mama T's, then Ryan came over an hour or two later and decided to run out for some food. He came back with two slices of chicken broccoli pizza and garlic knots (sometimes I only get one slice of pizza plus the knots). Then a few times in the Ivy Room we've both independently decided to get chicken fingers. Well tonight, I decided to go get food, and as I walked out the back door I debated between Mama T's and Subway. Decided on Subway, so I went in and stood in line. One minute later, Ryan walked in. He had been walking up the hill trying to decide between Mama T's and Subway and picked Subway too. So the combination of same location and same time was just plain creepy. We didn't get the same thing, but still...too weird.
You're probably all sick of hearing how great Ryan is and how much we have in common and how we did this and that and blah blah blah (unless you're Ryan, in which case you'd want me to continue on those topics). Well here is something bad that he did. Hockey game last night vs. Mercyhurst; Cornell is up 3-2 with 1:30 on the clock. He jingled his keys. HE JINGLED HIS KEYS! I snapped at him to put them away, and he says "I heard other people doing it." Sure enough, with 5 seconds (FIVE SECONDS!) on the clock, Mercyhurst scored to tie it up. So we went into overtime and it was a tie. Gaaaah! ONLY JINGLE YOUR KEYS WHEN WE HAVE A SIZEABLE LEAD!