Friday, October 03, 2003
The weekend looks to be better and better...I'm going apple picking with Christine before bowling and there's an unofficial PSP party at our apartment tomorrow night. So much fun stuff and I actually have the time to do it. Whee!
Looks like I'll be applying for a Churchill Fellowship to do research at Cambridge for a year. The process is ridiculously long...in addition to a normal scholarship-type application, 4 letters of recommendation, transcript, and general and subject GRE scores, I actually have to apply to the Cambridge graduate school and present a research proposal with a faculty member there. My advisors already have a suggestion for who I should work with...I need to check out some of his papers and send him an email inquiring about if he'd like to take me on in his lab, etc. Two people from Cornell get endorsed to the national competition for the fellowships, and then 11 are awarded nationally. So it's really competitive, but my advisors are really encouraging me to apply, which says that maybe I have a shot? Just the suggestion that I apply is a great compliment.
Looks like I'll be applying for a Churchill Fellowship to do research at Cambridge for a year. The process is ridiculously long...in addition to a normal scholarship-type application, 4 letters of recommendation, transcript, and general and subject GRE scores, I actually have to apply to the Cambridge graduate school and present a research proposal with a faculty member there. My advisors already have a suggestion for who I should work with...I need to check out some of his papers and send him an email inquiring about if he'd like to take me on in his lab, etc. Two people from Cornell get endorsed to the national competition for the fellowships, and then 11 are awarded nationally. So it's really competitive, but my advisors are really encouraging me to apply, which says that maybe I have a shot? Just the suggestion that I apply is a great compliment.