Friday, August 01, 2003
So the research program I'm in for the summer (Hughes) officially ends today. I'll still be working, but getting paid hourly from a different funding source. Then during the year I'll be continuing for credit. Which means I need to find a paying job. But that can be dealt with later.
I'm at the library waiting for my Hughes poster to print- it's something I threw together in the last two days since I was in no state to work on it earlier. It's quite pretty, at least on the screen, so being a huge bio nerd and all, I think I'll hang it in my room after today. There's a poster display session and end-of-program dinner this afternoon/evening, which interferes with my gym time. So I think I'll go over lunch, otherwise I'll be crabby later. It's Friday- I want to be happy! For now I'm happy, though; poster done = life may resume. The only thing I need to do tomorrow is stop by the lab twice to take care of the fish, but other than that the day is mine! I'm thinking gym, work on the website (now that it's actually August and it's not up yet!), and watch some TV. I haven't had a lazy weekend in a while.
I'm at the library waiting for my Hughes poster to print- it's something I threw together in the last two days since I was in no state to work on it earlier. It's quite pretty, at least on the screen, so being a huge bio nerd and all, I think I'll hang it in my room after today. There's a poster display session and end-of-program dinner this afternoon/evening, which interferes with my gym time. So I think I'll go over lunch, otherwise I'll be crabby later. It's Friday- I want to be happy! For now I'm happy, though; poster done = life may resume. The only thing I need to do tomorrow is stop by the lab twice to take care of the fish, but other than that the day is mine! I'm thinking gym, work on the website (now that it's actually August and it's not up yet!), and watch some TV. I haven't had a lazy weekend in a while.