Friday, August 08, 2003
Okay, money problems are semi-resolved for now. Enough worrying about that.
Khanhvy moved out yesterday and left for CA :( Of course she'll be back in a couple weeks, but it's finally sinking in that I need to move out soon. I don't wanna! This summer's living arrangements were just awesome. Great apartment, great location, great roommates, great proximity to Jason's Deli frozen yogurt... After last year's housing ordeal, this summer really restored my faith in people. My place for next year just isn't as cushy. Hopefully I'll be more enthusiastic about it once I get my stuff in and put up some nice curtains in my room, decorate it a little. I'm going to start moving stuff that I don't need at the moment either tonight or tomorrow, then move in for good late next week, probably Thursday or Friday.
There was some moving going on last night, for sure. Susan led the mad rush to get the PSP furniture out of the barn in Interlaken. We left at 6:30...I was thinking maybe and hour or two, but we didn't finish until 11. Yeah, there was a dinner break in there, but still, it was quite an ordeal. Getting it in the U Haul from the barn was easy, but moving it into places was not. Let's just say it was a wonder I didn't have nightmares last night about a certain high-pitched voice complaining about spiders. Then moving stuff into my place was a drag because of the two flights of stairs. And the pink couch wouldn't fit, so we had to take it to Dan's. Whew. Susan, Dan, Goo, Ian, and Ryan are awesome for helping. And me. Don't forget me. I'm awesome too.
Speaking of which, I went to the gym over my lunch break yesterday, hitting the 45 visit goal that I set for myself at the beginning of the summer. Boo yeah. Mysteriously, there were no fireworks on reaching this accomplishment. But I was able to carry a heavy-ass couch last night.
Khanhvy moved out yesterday and left for CA :( Of course she'll be back in a couple weeks, but it's finally sinking in that I need to move out soon. I don't wanna! This summer's living arrangements were just awesome. Great apartment, great location, great roommates, great proximity to Jason's Deli frozen yogurt... After last year's housing ordeal, this summer really restored my faith in people. My place for next year just isn't as cushy. Hopefully I'll be more enthusiastic about it once I get my stuff in and put up some nice curtains in my room, decorate it a little. I'm going to start moving stuff that I don't need at the moment either tonight or tomorrow, then move in for good late next week, probably Thursday or Friday.
There was some moving going on last night, for sure. Susan led the mad rush to get the PSP furniture out of the barn in Interlaken. We left at 6:30...I was thinking maybe and hour or two, but we didn't finish until 11. Yeah, there was a dinner break in there, but still, it was quite an ordeal. Getting it in the U Haul from the barn was easy, but moving it into places was not. Let's just say it was a wonder I didn't have nightmares last night about a certain high-pitched voice complaining about spiders. Then moving stuff into my place was a drag because of the two flights of stairs. And the pink couch wouldn't fit, so we had to take it to Dan's. Whew. Susan, Dan, Goo, Ian, and Ryan are awesome for helping. And me. Don't forget me. I'm awesome too.
Speaking of which, I went to the gym over my lunch break yesterday, hitting the 45 visit goal that I set for myself at the beginning of the summer. Boo yeah. Mysteriously, there were no fireworks on reaching this accomplishment. But I was able to carry a heavy-ass couch last night.