<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Oh boy. Last night was one of the worst nights of my life. I was finally feeling better mentally/emotionally, but then I got hit with an excruciatingly painful stomachache. I spent 10 pm-3:30 am curled in the fetal position, offering to sell my soul to the devil if the pain would only stop. Couldn't sleep, couldn't think about anything except pain. Wondered what I'd done to deserve such suffering...I mean, I treat my body well: work out regularly, eat decently, haven't had more than one drink at a time since GC. Finally around 3:30 I had a cup of tea, which provided the necessary liquid to throw up a little, which made me feel a little better. Still in agony, but managed to fall alseep. I went into work late (11:45) this morning so that I could sleep in a little, though I woke up several times throughout the morning and still felt crappy, though not deathly ill.

Up to the stomachache I was having a fairly good day. Took the afternoon off work (I hadn't planned on needing to take this morning off) and went to the gym at Helen Newman instead of my usual Teagle, which was nice because HN is air conditioned. Then went home and watched a most of the second Harry Potter movie with Steph's friend who is staying at our apartment for a couple days. I really wasn't into it, though, and I felt a little unwell, though not too bad. Jen picked me up for dinner at King Buffet- I had what I usually get and felt fine then. After that me and Tones got our cell phones (!) at Verizon, then me and Jen went to see American Wedding. Raunchy, but funny. Unfortunately, my stomach was starting to hurt. By the time I got home around 10 I was ready to die. See previous paragraph for continuation of story.

I had a dream last night where half of the fish I'm raising in the lab metamorphosed into 5 foot long aligators, and the other half grew into ten pound tropical-looking fish. Then I had to take a marine ecology test and they gave us 5 minutes for 4 short answer and 2 essay questions. I found myself regretting that I had skipped all the lectures because I had no idea what the questions were asking. Then my marine ecology prof said that I'd been neglecting the aligators, and as proof presented an aligator skull from one that had died. Hmm.

I called my mom on the new cell last night for a few minutes...during a brief period of semi-agony in between the persistent supra-agony. My younger brother has his first girlfriend. I'm happy for him, but also kinda jealous. I had a "thing" when I was his age in high school that should've worked out, but didn't. Still bitter about it...it's a long story. But hearing my mom talk about how he's doing all this nice stuff for her is making me wish that someone was doing nice stuff for me. This also takes away from my "dysfunctional family" excuse for the inability to have normal relationships...if my brother is managing, than why do I still have so much trouble?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?