Friday, August 15, 2003
It's been a rough week, but at least it's Friday. Yesterday completely sapped my energy. Went to work and then the gym as usual, but I got home to discover that the power was out (as it was over much of the east coast). Wasn't sure if you can shower when the power's out here (at home home we can't), and Steph was offering to help me move my stuff to Eddy, so we jumped straight into that. I underestimated how much crap I have. I could do without a lot of it, such as double sheets now that I have a twin again and the shower curtain now that we have a sliding door instead. Anyway, it took two carloads, but with just two of us it was going really slowly. The only thing I had to eat around my usual dinnertime was some grapes, so I was starving. Then it started getting dark, and I began to feel overwhelmed in addition to being starving, tired, and in desperate need of a shower. I gave Dan a call (on the new cell:) ) and he, Goo, and a friend came to our assistance- yay! It went really fast with five people unloading rather than two.
So then it was dark and I had no flashlight or candles, and my belongings were in complete disorder, so I grabbed some overnight stuff so I could stay with Steph, who had a flashlight. Then we hunted for food on the streets of C-town, when suddenly the neon lights around us lit up! I literally jumped and clapped, and probably emitted a small yelp as well. Got pizza around 9:30, went back to 301 to eat, then gathered my stuff and went back to Eddy. Took a shower and felt much, much better. Went to bed utterly exhausted.
Woke up this morning still utterly exhausted, even with eight hours of sleep. Every muscle in my body felt stiff. I lift at the gym, but moving awkwardly-shaped objects recruits all the obscure muscles that you forget even exist until days like today. ooof. I'm taking today off from the gym, that's for sure. btw, I'm at 50 visits. As my brother said on my mom's 50th birthday, "That's half a century!"
So this weekend I'll be unpacking...I'm not looking forward to it. At all. waaaaah:'(
So then it was dark and I had no flashlight or candles, and my belongings were in complete disorder, so I grabbed some overnight stuff so I could stay with Steph, who had a flashlight. Then we hunted for food on the streets of C-town, when suddenly the neon lights around us lit up! I literally jumped and clapped, and probably emitted a small yelp as well. Got pizza around 9:30, went back to 301 to eat, then gathered my stuff and went back to Eddy. Took a shower and felt much, much better. Went to bed utterly exhausted.
Woke up this morning still utterly exhausted, even with eight hours of sleep. Every muscle in my body felt stiff. I lift at the gym, but moving awkwardly-shaped objects recruits all the obscure muscles that you forget even exist until days like today. ooof. I'm taking today off from the gym, that's for sure. btw, I'm at 50 visits. As my brother said on my mom's 50th birthday, "That's half a century!"
So this weekend I'll be unpacking...I'm not looking forward to it. At all. waaaaah:'(