Tuesday, July 15, 2003
Life continues to be excellent. U, I still have that pessimistic voice in my head reminding me that things can't stay this good for long. Well, I intend to prove it wrong, at least for the remainder of the summer. So far I'd say this has been my second-best summer to date, behind the one after freshman year when I worked at a summer camp in Massachusetts. F, there is still almost a month and a half left of this summer, though, so it has the chance to pull ahead.
Among the latest great things, yesterday was an amazingly productive day. At work, I feel like I finally got "with it." I used to feel like I was drifting along in my project, working from one day to the next. But yesterday I mapped out a calendar that will keep everything organized. I love to-do lists- or rather, the satisfaction of checking things off of a to-do list. Well anyway, now I'm organized and more focused, which has helped me shake lingering doubts of my competence. So after that super-productive day at work, I had a super-productive day at the gym. I was there for an hour and a half- woohoo! Yet after all that, I still had extra energy in the evening and was bouncing around the apartment. So I wasn't particularly productive at home, but it's summer so there's no need to be. Watched TV with the roomies, chatted online, and took a chance to unwind.
Another thing to be excited about is that this weekend I'm going to Corinne's birthday party in New Hampshire! I previously wasn't planning to go since I already have to have our lab manager take care of my fish over Grand Chapter weekend, but when I read how Liz was disappointed not to have people coming, I decided that it couldn't hurt to ask if I could leave this weekend too. And now I'm going! Me and Ryan are the only ones going from this neck of the woods. We're leaving Friday afternoon. I think I'll burn some road trip CD's; hopefully it'll stay nice and sunny and we'll have one of those quintessential fun summer weekends that you see in the movies.
Let's see, what else has been good lately? I received a lot of compliments at the party or afterwards regarding the party. Some were about the party itself- people liked the food, drinks, "nice party, Cat" and so on. Which is great, because it was my first party ever and I wanted my friends to have a good time. Which they did, and I did, so everyone wins. I also got an unusally high number of compliments on my appearance. It's not that I never get any, but I was really surprised that more than just one or two people brought it up. Usually most of the compliments I get are on a job well done; it's nice to be valued for more superficial reasons...haha. Maybe this going to the gym all the time is paying off. Maybe it's that having a few drinks really makes me glow. Maybe I should spend 5 minutes instead of 15 seconds on my hair every day. Probably some combination thereof. Bottom line: thank you. I really do appreciate it a lot.
Among the latest great things, yesterday was an amazingly productive day. At work, I feel like I finally got "with it." I used to feel like I was drifting along in my project, working from one day to the next. But yesterday I mapped out a calendar that will keep everything organized. I love to-do lists- or rather, the satisfaction of checking things off of a to-do list. Well anyway, now I'm organized and more focused, which has helped me shake lingering doubts of my competence. So after that super-productive day at work, I had a super-productive day at the gym. I was there for an hour and a half- woohoo! Yet after all that, I still had extra energy in the evening and was bouncing around the apartment. So I wasn't particularly productive at home, but it's summer so there's no need to be. Watched TV with the roomies, chatted online, and took a chance to unwind.
Another thing to be excited about is that this weekend I'm going to Corinne's birthday party in New Hampshire! I previously wasn't planning to go since I already have to have our lab manager take care of my fish over Grand Chapter weekend, but when I read how Liz was disappointed not to have people coming, I decided that it couldn't hurt to ask if I could leave this weekend too. And now I'm going! Me and Ryan are the only ones going from this neck of the woods. We're leaving Friday afternoon. I think I'll burn some road trip CD's; hopefully it'll stay nice and sunny and we'll have one of those quintessential fun summer weekends that you see in the movies.
Let's see, what else has been good lately? I received a lot of compliments at the party or afterwards regarding the party. Some were about the party itself- people liked the food, drinks, "nice party, Cat" and so on. Which is great, because it was my first party ever and I wanted my friends to have a good time. Which they did, and I did, so everyone wins. I also got an unusally high number of compliments on my appearance. It's not that I never get any, but I was really surprised that more than just one or two people brought it up. Usually most of the compliments I get are on a job well done; it's nice to be valued for more superficial reasons...haha. Maybe this going to the gym all the time is paying off. Maybe it's that having a few drinks really makes me glow. Maybe I should spend 5 minutes instead of 15 seconds on my hair every day. Probably some combination thereof. Bottom line: thank you. I really do appreciate it a lot.